A couple of recipes that go down very well during the Easter Season especially for the
Vegetarians. They can be made in advance and reheated to order. Try them they are delicious and winners!
Torta Salata al Cocktail di Funghi e Crema Funghi Tartufata
(wild mushroom and truffle tart)
Ingredients for approx. 6 portions:
– 180g Puff Pastry
– 500g Thick Bechamel (menu’ bechamel preparation is exquisite)
– 200g Truffle Paste
– 200g Cocktail of Wild Mushrooms
– 80g Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
– 3 Egg Yolks
– Round baking dish approx. 20cm in diameter
Line the tin with the puff pastry and prick with a fork. In a bowl mix all the other ingredients. Once
well amalgamated pour into the pastry case and bake in a preheated oven at 170’ for 25 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
When ready slice and serve.
Please note that you can make individual tartlets and serve on a bed of dressed salad leaves.
They can be cooked in advance and reheated.
Fagottini con Salsa di Carciofi
Ingredients for 6 portions:
– 12 Pancakes (approx 15cm in diameter)
– 300g Artichoke Heart Sauce
– 600g Bechamel (very thick)
– 50g Freshly Grated Parmigiano Reggiano
– 50g Butter
– 12 Parsley Stalks or Chives
– Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix the artichoke sauce with the bechamel and
parmigiano reggiano. Place a little of the filling in the middle of each crepe. Close the crepe into a parcel and tie with fresh parsley stalks. Butter a baking dish and place the parcels inside and pour over the remainder of the butter. Bake in a medium oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve at once.
Again these can be baked in individual dishes and served directly from the oven.